Joint Statement of the
Southern California Chinese Baptist Association
Chinese Baptist Fellowship of the US and Canada
It is with shock and great sadness that we witness the tragedy of 10 innocent lives being lost and many wounded in a senseless fit of rage by an individual in Monterey Park, California. Our condolences to the families who have lost loved ones. These are troubled times we live in. Let us stand with our community and reach out to the families with the love and hope that we have in Jesus Christ.
Let’s unite our hearts together to pray:
- For families who have lost their loved ones that they will be comforted
- For the wounded that they will have a speedy recovery
- For those affected that faith would overcome fear
- For our community that it will know the love and reconciliation of Christ
- For our churches that we will know how to reach out to those who are hurt, be a people of peace, be in constant prayer for the neighborhoods and communities we are living in and be faithful in sharing the eternal hope that can be found only in Jesus.
在我們看見在加州蒙特利公園市中因出於個人的惱恨而奪取10 條無辜生命，並導致多人受傷的的悲劇，我們感到震驚和哀傷。 我們向失去親人的家庭表示哀悼。 我們實在是活在憂傷的日子當中。讓我們與我們的社區站在一起，並帶著耶穌基督的愛和希望向這些家庭伸出援手。